The American Society of Safety Professionals is a global association for occupational safety and health professionals.
For more than 100 years, we have supported occupational safety and health (OSH) professionals in their efforts to prevent workplace injuries, illnesses and fatalities. We provide education, advocacy, standards development and a professional community to our members in order to advance their careers and the OSH profession as a whole.
Submitting to ASSP
- You will need to create a free Submittable account or sign in with Google or Facebook credentials to submit to these forms.
- You can save a draft of your work if you would like to finish filling out the form at a later date.
- If anything changes with the information you submitted, please request to edit the submission / If you need to make changes to your form, please withdraw your submission and resubmit.
- Submittable works best on Google Chrome, Firefox, and Safari. Internet Explorer is not supported. Please make sure you are using a supported browser.
- We will follow-up with you about your submission by email. Please be sure to whitelist notification emails from Submittable and check the email you used to sign up for your Submittable Account regularly.
Speaker proposals are evaluated objectively with emphasis on the following criteria listed in order of significance:
- Degree to which the proposed session meets the conference/program objectives
- Desirability of the topic
- Speaker's presentation skills and experience
Proposals to present must contain and convey sufficient detail to allow ASSP's Conference Planning Committee to understand how the proposed session will contribute to the conference objectives. Selection is competitive, so you must submit a compelling and complete proposal.
No more than two proposals from one speaker will be considered. Please complete a separate application for each proposal. Incomplete submissions will not be considered.
Please contact our professional development team with any questions.
Professional Safety is a blind peer-reviewed journal published monthly by the American Society of Safety Professionals, the oldest professional safety society. Professional Safety offers practical guidance and solutions to help OSH professionals identify hazards, protect people, prevent injuries, improve work environments and educate management that investing in safety is a sound business strategy. It keeps the professional OSH specialist informed of developments in incident prevention, industry best practices and safety management techniques.